creation by the famed German porcelain manufacturer Hutschenreuther.
we have a romantic old but mint little statue depicting a Cupid or young boy
playing a mandolin.
A very popular instrument in the old
days. The boy stands on a golden hemisphere and even the instrument has golden
A painting by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo
Ca. 4 5/8 “ (11 cm) tall
1920 – 1938 (acc. to the
PORCELAIN & POTTERY
link and check back often for new additions.
Coat of arms:
Even though the
brand is well known here are some details for those who are interested in the
history of the company:
The company was founded in 1814
by Carolus Magnus Hutschenreuther (1794-1845) in Hohenberg an der Eger, Bavaria, Germany. He had previously worked at
the Wallendorf porcelain manufactory.
his death in 1845, the factory was headed by his widow, Johanna
Hutschenreuther, and her two sons. From 1860, they produced hand-painted gilded
porcelains. A large part of the factory was destroyed by a fire in 1848, but it
1857 Lorenz Hutschenreuther, the
son of C.M. Hutschenreuther, established a porcelain factory in Selb.
expanded from 1902 to 1969 and were renamed Porzellanfabriken Lorenz
Hutschenreuther AG Selb (Lorenz
Hutschenreuther Porcelain Factories Company, Selb).