A delicate creation by the famed German porcelain manufacturer Hutschenreuther. The under-glaze mark was used from 1938 until 1955.
The fine bisque
sculpture titled “The kneeling Nude” is one of the flagships.
The sculpture bears underneath the under-glaze Hutschreuther mark and the impressed name of the sculptor Karl Tutter, who
has contributed with many fabulous designs.
(1883 – 1969)
Karl Tutter was one of the most famous
porcelain modelers of the 20th century. His porcelain works gained him fame
nationally and internationally. To some extent the Hutschenreuther art
figurines owe their good reputation to Karl Tutter.
He created a large number of figurines for the
brand Hutschenreuther, which had been acquired by Rosenthal in 2000.
link and check back often for new additions.
Coat of arms:
Even though the
brand is well known here are some details for those who are interested in the
history of the company:
The company was founded in 1814
by Carolus Magnus Hutschenreuther (1794-1845) in Hohenberg an der Eger, Bavaria, Germany. He had previously worked at
the Wallendorf porcelain manufactory.
his death in 1845, the factory was headed by his widow, Johanna
Hutschenreuther, and her two sons. From 1860, they produced hand-painted gilded
porcelains. A large part of the factory was destroyed by a fire in 1848, but it
1857 Lorenz Hutschenreuther, the
son of C.M. Hutschenreuther, established a porcelain factory in Selb.
expanded from 1902 to 1969 and were renamed Porzellanfabriken Lorenz
Hutschenreuther AG Selb (Lorenz
Hutschenreuther Porcelain Factories Company, Selb).