The power adapter included with this item is not the original OEM unit but it seems to work just fine.
The 6200 ADSL2+ family of endpoints deliver the required performance for multimedia applications at very competitive price points. The 6200 ADSL2+ endpoints, in compact form factor, have been successfully used for residential, business, in-building deployments such as hotel/motel, temporary housing, and dormitory-campus installations for high-speed internet access (HSIA) and video-on-demand services.
The Zhone 6200 ADSL2+ endpoints are easily user-installed. The embedded web-based user interface is designed to simplify ADSL deployment. All products provide an Ethernet connection that is auto-sensing, eliminating the worry about connection cable type (straight-through vs crossover). All units include a built in POTS filter that eliminates the expense of an external filter as well as reduces installation errors.
DELT or Dual End Loop Test, is a feature that is present the 621x Family of ADSL2+ CPEs. DELT is primarily used for reactive tests on a loop after a modem has been deployed—either to help troubleshoot a line or to capture a baseline of loop characteristics at the time of installation. Because DELT is a dual-ended test, it requires equipment that supports the DELT feature at both ends of the copper loop. While this prevents DELT from being used on loops where no CPE has yet been deployed, DELT in turn offers a deeper set of loop tests, and can provide very valuable information on the condition of a copper loop.
The 6200 endpoint functions as a simple bridge. Default settings make for a quick and easy installation that doesn't require any configuration.
The 6211, 6212, and 6218 endpoints, when operating in router mode, support DHCP Server/Relay/Client, NAPT, as well as RIP, dynamic routing, port forwarding, static routing, and ping initiation. For secuirty firewall functions including PAP (Password Access Protocol) and CHAP (Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol) are supported.
Complete Family of CPE: This unique CPE family includes a combination USB, Ethernet, multiport Ethernet, and wireless versions. All of the modems include a full suite of routing functions in addition to bridging and multicast support, along with the USB, Ethernet and wireless interfaces. Features such as DHCP, NAPT, RIP, PPPoE, and PPPoA are included on all versions of the CPE.
The 6212 multiport Ethernet modem and the 6218 multiport Ethernet modem with wireless access incorporate an Ethernet switch rather than a hub and provide versatile solutions for the deployment of residential and business customers including packet voice and video services.
- Automatically selects technlogy with best performance - ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+
- DELT - Dual Ended Loop Test
- Speeds beyond 24 Mbps using ADSL2+
- Compatible with all DSLAMs providing standard ADSL, ADSL2, and ADSL2+
- Integrated telephone filter
- Bridge and router configurations
- Includes PPPoE and PPoA clients
- Includes Firewall, PAP, and CHAP for security
- DHCP Server/Client or proxy, dynamic and static routing
- Configured through easy-to-use web interface
- Includes both Ethernet and USB interfaces
- Supports multiport routing and IEEE 802.11b/g
- Integrated 802.11b/g wireless access point provides universal coverage
- DELT - Integrated Loop Testing for Line troubleshooting
- Single endpoint can be utilized for standard ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+
- Single modem for bridging and routing needs; defaults to bridge for easy installation
- Provides secure access
- Includes both USB and Ethernet interfaces for flexibility when installing
- Includes multiport Ethernet router with and without wireless access
- Integrated splitter and filter reduces installation hassles.
Dimensions (H x W x D)
1.2" H x 6" W x 4.4" D (3.05cm H x 15.24cm W x 11.8cm D)
1.5lbs (shipping weight)
100 VAC, 50 Hz
110 VAC, 60 Hz
220VAC, 50/60 Hz
DSL Line: RJ11
Phone: RJ11 (with integrated phone filter)
Ethernet: 10/100Base T, RJ45 (1 on 6210/6211, 4 on 6212/6218)
USB 1.1 (6210/6211 only)
RFC 1483/2684 Multiprotocol Encapsulation over ATM
RFC 2364 PPP over ATM
RFC 2516 PPP over Ethernet
IPv4, TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, RARP, proxy-ARP
Multicast: IGMP v1,v2 Snooping and Proxy
IEE 802.1d transparent bridging
Lookup table for IK MAC Address
- Stateful Inspection Firewall
- PPP with PAP/CHAP
- 64/128/256-bit WEP Engine Encryption; PSK, TKIP; Shared Key Authentication
- Broadcast Storm Protection
- Up to 8 PVCs, UBR, CBR, VBR
- OAM F5, F4 Loopbacks
- 802.11b/g (6218 only)
- Transmit Power: 32mW (+15dBm)
- Antenna Gain: 1.5dBi
- Channels: 802.11b and 802.11g: 11 for North America, 13 for Europe (ETSI), 14 for Japan
ANSI T1.413 (Full Rate ADSL)
ITU G.992.1 (DMT)
ITU G.992.2 (G.lite)
ITU G.992.3 (ADSL2)
ITU G.992.5 (ADSL2+)
ITU G.994.1 (G.hs)
Web based User Interface
Firmware Upgradeable via HTTP
TFTP Server and Client
Downstream Speeds up to 24 Mbps using ADSL2+
Upstream speeds up to 2 Mbps
FCC Part 68
FCC Part 15
Temperature: 32F to 104F (0C to 40C)
Non-operating temperature: -4F to 149F (-20C to 65C)
Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
Intercontinental United States only please.