Congesto-K KiddieRub is great! …The first evening I massaged him with the aromatherapy rub, he was breathing [easy] … and slept through the night.
— Sumaya R.
Take a deep breath…
Little ones and children rely greatly on easy breathing – particularly during the night. The nerves that regulate breathing are in the nasal passages. Tiny hairs help to 'catch' dirt and dust particles taken in during a breath, and also help to warm the air before it reaches the lungs. Furthermore each nostril independently moisturizes and dehumidifies the air passing into the body.
The Natural Way
There is a lot that can be done naturally to promote open airways and easy breathing. It is important that airways remain open during the night for comfortable peaceful sleep. You may try increasing the humidity in the air with a vaporizer or humidifier. Always ensure your child drinks extra fluids - to keep hydrated.
For a child too young to blow his or her nose, an infant nasal aspirator (bulb) can be used. Remember NEVER to insert cotton swabs into a child's nostrils! A much better idea is to hold a tissue to the nose and roll any nasal waste around the tissue, pulling it out of the nose. Keep your child upright, or elevate the head – this should particularly be done for young children. Some stores sell adhesive strips that can be placed on the nose, helping to widen the nostrils, making breathing easier.
What is Congesto-K KiddieRub?
Congesto-K KiddieRub is a pure aromatherapy chest massage oil for children. This natural combination of pure therapeutic essential oils will help to keep your child's chest and nose clear and open, and to maintain relaxed, easy breathing. The aromatherapeutic ingredients are also known to support strong immune systems.
Massage helps to soothe children and lift their spirits, providing the comfort needed – especially at night. Congesto-K KiddieRub is safe and effective for children and babies from the age of 6 months. For children younger than 6 months, our Congesto-K Pillow Spritzer™ may be used a space spray in the bedroom at night or while sleeping.
Like all Native Remedies products, Congesto-K KiddieRub is 100% natural, and manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Individual ingredients are well researched and have been specially chosen for their high safety profile in children's remedies.
How has Congesto-K KiddieRub helped other children?
“Congesto-K KiddieRub is great! ….the first evening I massaged him with the aromatherapy rub he was breathing (easy) ….. and slept through the night”
“Just wanted to tell you how much I love your natural remedies. …… your kiddie products like the Congesto-K KiddieRub and Spritzer and the Sniffly Sprinkles saved my kids ….. I will not be without your remedies again and will be sure to stock up before next winter!”
—Mrs. J.D. Adams
What are the Ingredients?
Congesto-K KiddieRub contains the following carefully chosen, pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils in a natural vegetable carrier oil:
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combines the best quality, laboratory-tested, raw ingredients, good manufacturing practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
This product contains absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. It does not contain animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, is suitable for lacto-vegetarians, and is not tested on animals.
- Niaouli essential oil is wonderful for maintaining free and easy breathing and for keepingthe chest and nose. It also has known antiseptic properties. Niaouli oil will naturally help to lift a sick and grouchy child' spirit.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is extracted from the leaves of the Australian Eucalyptus tree. It has a clean and revitalizing fragrance that has been used for over 150 years for promoting clear chests and noses. Eucalyptus also has natural antibacterial action. Eucalyptus has been researched for its ability to support the respiratory system. (Salari, M. H., Amine, G., Shirazi, M. H., Hafezi, R., and Mohammadypour, M. “Antibacterial effects of Eucalyptus globulus leaf extract on pathogenic bacteria isolated from specimens of patients with respiratory tract disorders.” Clin Microbiol.Infect. 2006;12(2):194-196.)( Juergens, U. R., Dethlefsen, U., Steinkamp, G., Gillissen, A., Repges, R., and Vetter, H. “Anti-inflammatory activity of 1.8-cineol (eucalyptol) in bronchial asthma: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial.” Respir.Med. 2003;97(3):250-256)
- Ginger essential oil is a stimulating oil which will promote circulation and keep chests clear and free of mucus. It is also wonderful for overall health and has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for hundreds of years, as one of the more important and highly respected herbs. Ginger oil has warming properties and will encourage sweating to maintain a normal temperature. (Grzanna, R., Lindmark, L., and Frondoza, C. G. “Ginger--an herbal medicinal product with broad anti-inflammatory actions.” J Med Food 2005;8(2):125-132.)
How is Congesto-K KiddieRub used?
Place bottle in receptacle of hot (not boiling) water to warm. Pour approximately 1/2 teaspoon onto hands and massage slowly and gently onto chest and back, especially before bedtime. Our Congesto-K Pillow Spritzer™ may also be sprayed onto the pillow or used as a space spray for additional benefits.
Not recommended for babies under 6 months. May contain traces of nut oil. For external use only.
Congesto-K KiddieRub is highly recommended along with the following natural remedies for maximum support.
- KiddieBoost™ is used to support healthy immune functioning in children
- Sniffy Sprinkles™ is used to help keep airways open and children breathing easy
- ComfiCoff™ is used to comfort the throat & chest in children and adults
- Throat & Tonsil Dr.™ is used to soothe the throat, promote tonsil health, and support immune functioning
How long until I see results?
The gentle and uplifting aromatherapy oils get to work quickly and benefits will be felt with each warming relaxing rub.
It is also advised that you use Congesto-K KiddieRub together with Sniffy Sprinkles™ – a homeopathic remedy for all ages (including babies). Sniffly Sprinkles is a 100% homeopathic decongestant which will help to treat the problem from the inside out. In addition, our KiddieBoost™ will help to support a healthy immune system.
How long will a bottle last?
Congesto-K KiddieRub comes in a 50 ml container, and contains approximately 10-20 doses. Exactly how long a bottle lasts will depend on frequency of use.
To save more than 33% on your Congesto-K KiddieRub purchase, see our Buy 2 Get 1 Free special.
The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child’s condition.
All images on this site are property of Native Remedies LLC and/or the original image licensors. The content of these images is not meant to suggest that the person depicted uses or endorses our products or services. Informational material and representations have been provided by the manufacturers of the listed products. Copyright © 1997-2009 Native Remedies, LLC. All rights reserved.