Clean from whiskers to tail
Cats are fairly clean animals and will groom themselves quite extensively each day. However, occasionally it is necessary to bathe them. Dirt and dust can get trapped in the fur, and knotted or matted hair can keep debris lodged in a cat’s coat causing smells. A cat’s tongue is rough and has small barbs on it to help clean its coat.
However, bathing is needed to keep the hair a manageable texture and sometimes for odor control. Remember, hygiene and health go hand in hand. Your vet can provide you with tips and information on how washing your cat can prevent fur from becoming tangled, smelly and prone to dandruff.
The natural way
There is a lot that can be done to keep your cat clean naturally. Regular baths and brushing are best. Don’t brush too hard, and use a fairly gentle hand brush. You can clean your pet’s face and eyes with a soft wet washcloth as you would your own. Remember never to use human soap or cosmetics on your cat.
What is Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile?
Clean-Cat Shampoo is a cleansing herbal shampoo for cats. It is created using only tested, natural ingredients, including chamomile so it is a calming and non-irritating formulation.
Clean-Cat Shampoo may be used as needed to cleanse cats as it is non- drying and supports healthy skin. Clean-Cat Shampoo contains absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulphate or harmful petrochemicals.
How has Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile helped others?
“I run a cat parlor in New York – we have many high society clients who are very fussy about the chemicals used to clean their cats. I was so thrilled to add Clean-Cat Shampoo to my line up of treatments – and my clients are so happy too. It has been wonderful to see the genuine and positive reactions of the cat owners – and the cats themselves!”
—Delia, NY, USA
“My Persian is a two time champion at our local cat show. This shampoo works so well and I am never without it in the month leading up to a show. It really makes his hair smell wonderful, and adds a shine that says it all. Thanks PetAlive and Native Remedies… ”
“I love giving my tabby a bath, she loves the catnip in Clean-Cat Shampoo – what a great idea.”
Disclaimer: Testimonials may have been edited to comply with FDA regulations. While positive results are likely, the testimonials used are general results and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results – individual results may vary.
What are the Ingredients?
Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile contains the following ingredients:
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combine the best quality, laboratory tested, raw ingredients, Good Manufacturing Practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
Our products contain no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, are suitable for lacto-vegetarians and are not tested on animals. This product contains absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) or harmful petrochemicals. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) has flowers that contain essential oil. Chamomile has been a popular soothing and calming botanical remedy throughout the world for thousands of years. Usage of chamomile species dates back to ancient Greece and Rome. It has been investigated for its ability to promote and support skin health (Maiche, A. G., Grohn, P., and Maki-Hokkonen, H. “Effect of chamomile cream and almond ointment on acute radiation skin reaction.” Acta Oncol 1991;30(3):395-396.)
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) More than 100 chemical components have been identified in the hairs, roots, leaves and rhizomes of nettle. It has been studied for its soothing effects on the skin (Hill, N., Stam, C., and van Haselen, R. A. “The efficacy of Prrrikweg gel in the treatment of insect bites: a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.” Pharm World Sci 1996;18(1):35-41).
- Cleavers (Gallium aparine) is a climbing plant native to North America, Europe, and Asia. It has been studied for its ability to support cleansing. (MacDonald, R. “Cleansing with Common Weeds. 2003;Alive: Canadian Journal of Health & Nutrition” (245):50-52).
- Catnip (Nepeta cataria) has been noted as having "a considerable folkloric reputation". It has also been studied for its ability to discourage pests (Chauhan, K. R., Klun, J. A., Debboun, M., and Kramer, M. “Feeding deterrent effects of catnip oil components compared with two synthetic amides against Aedes aegypti”. J Med Entomol. 2005;42(4):643-646.)
Shampoo base ingredients: Aqua, coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, potassium hydroxide, ethanol, glycerine, grapefruit extract, and lactic acid.
This product contains absolutely no parabens, sodium laurel sulphate or harmful petrochemicals.
How do I use Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile?
Wet fur thoroughly with warm water. Apply shampoo and lather thoroughly until entire coat is covered, adding water if necessary and avoiding the eye area. Rinse off well with warm water and towel dry.
For external use only. Keep out of reach of children.
Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile is highly recommended along with the following natural remedies for maximum effectiveness.
- Furball Dr.™ is used to promote digestion in cats and addresses common furballs
- Skirn & Coat Tonic™ is used to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat
How long until I see results?
Regular use is key for best results. Animals respond to natural medicine in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers experience immediate results with their cats, while many others have reported optimal benefits taking effect within 1-2 applications. To ensure your animal receives optimum results, it is important to give your pet natural remedies as directed and remain consistent.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Clean-Cat Shampoo with Chamomile (100 ml) will last for approximately 30 days, depending on frequency of use and the size of your pet.
To save more than 33% on your 90 day supply, see our Buy 2 Get 1 Free special.
The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child’s condition.
All images on this site are property of Native Remedies LLC and/or the original image licensors. The content of these images is not meant to suggest that the person depicted uses or endorses our products or services. Informational material and representations have been provided by the manufacturers of the listed products. Copyright © 1997-2009 Native Remedies, LLC. All rights reserved.