Live-fire cooking from America's grilling guru
Original List Price: $19.95
A tasty barbecue makes feeding your hungry family easy and nutritious. But
there's more to it than just laying on the barbecue sauce. Steven Raichlen
brings all the delicious flavors of summer right to your barbecue grill. From
hamburgers to exotic specialties, The Barbecue! Bible has it all.
Outdoor grilling makes sense and tastes great. Keep the kitchen cool on hot
summer days, enjoy a healthy way to cook, and have fun. Mealtime becomes family
time when the barbecue grill is fired up.
The Barbecue! Bible has everything you’ll need; from appetizers to main
dishes, from sides to salads, there’s even a section for desserts. You’ll
find barbecue recipes that are easy to shop for and prepare. Unique rubs,
barbecue sauces, marinades, and salsa recipes will liven up every dish. Prepare
delicious burgers, steaks, poultry, kebabs, seafood, pork, veggies, and of
Learn how to grill to perfection...so your food is not under-done or over-done;
juicy, not dry. Discover all the secret tricks of the trade the experts use to
make your meals come out just right. The Barbecue! Bible helps you with new
recipes or tips to spice up your old favorites. Dust off the barbecue
grill, stir up the coals, pull out the barbecue sauce and get Cook’n!
- Search thousands of recipes in seconds--just tell it what you have on hand
- Adjust recipe serving sizes automatically
- Demonstrate preparation techniques with video clips
- Display hundreds of full-color food photos
- Organize your own recipes
- E-mail recipes to your friends
- Print your recipes on decorative 3x5 cards
- Create weekly menus
- Make grocery shopping lists
- Search the internet for coupons
- Analyze the nutritional value of your recipes
- Download recipes & shopping lists to your Palm Pilot!
- Organizing your family recipe collection in the computer is easy with
Cook'n. You already know how to put in your recipes, that's because Cook'n's
recipe window looks just like a recipe card. And, "Quick-Fill"
editing does much of the typing for you.
- Cook'n has simple cookbook-like chapters and categories that make it easy
to find your recipes fast.
- Cook'n's Recipe Manager makes entertaining a snap. Simply select the
number of guests you will be serving and enter it into your favorite recipe.
Cook'n calculates the new ingredient amounts for you.
- Build your own weekly and monthly menus
- Drag and drop meals to make your menus
- Combine recipes and food items to make complete meals. Then, drag and drop
meals to make your own weekly or monthly menus.
- Menu planning instructions teach you how to cut prep time in half by using
dove-tailing techniques when preparing your menus.
Grocery Shopping Assistant
- Compiles your family's shopping list automatically
- Organizes shopping list items by aisle
- Converts to package sizes (e.g., tablespoon tomato paste to 8 oz. cans)
- Calculates your grocery cost
Personal Home Nutritionist
- Analyze the nutritional elements of recipes and menus (even the ones you
- Choose between brands to satisfy dietary needs
- Cook'n will analyze the nutritional value of any recipe or menu (even the
ones you add!). You don't have to be a nutritionist to understand it either
-- that's because Cook'n nutrition facts window
- looks just like the label on a can.
- Cook'n has nutrition facts from the labels of 10,000 food products. You
can choose between different brands to see what the nutritional effect is.
Stop the guesswork among different brands and
- know which one is most appropriate for your needs.
- Now you can plan menus based on dietary needs and tastes. Prepare one
delicious meal for the entire family.
- Software pictured here is represented by
the packaging for easier viewing. You will receive actual software
- Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP or Vista
- 486 or better processor
- 8MB of RAM
- 30MB hard disk space
- 2x CD-ROM drive