|NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC (Aug 1983) DEEP SOUTH MAP INSERT
Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE!
The August 1983 issue of National Geographic (Vol 164, No. 2) featured articles on the United States south. Included in the issue was a full fold out map of the deep south measuring 27 inches wide and 20 inches high.
The map is in pristine condition and was published in August 1983. One side of the map contains mini illustrated articles on some of the South's most historic places/events:
- Cotton Kingdom
- Indian Legacy
- Imperial Footholds - mostly on the Gulf Coast
- Three Empires and Three Races looking at Florida and the Carolinas
- After Reconstruction (post-Civil War)
- Subtropical Playground - all the tourist attractions that Florida offers
On the opposite side of the map is the traditional atlas featuring Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina. Map scale is 1:2,566,000. The map alone is worth the price and would make an outstanding wall display if framed.
The magazine is in very good condition with minor shelf/storage wear along the spine and border edges. Pages are intact with none torn, dog-earred, written on or stained/yellowed. Articles featured in the magazine are:
- The Bird Men - 20 page article on designing, building and flying one's own ultralight plane. Article complimented with many illustrations including the materials to build such a machine.
- New Guinea
- The Mississippi Delta
- Sri Lanka
Check out my other items! Be sure to add me to your favorites list!
· Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
· Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
· These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
· We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.
|Return Policy:||Items must be returned within 7 days .
Refund will be given as Money back.
Refund policy details:
The buyer has 7 days to return the item (the buyer pays shipping fees). The item price will be refunded.
|Insurance:||Not Offered (Domestic)