Home  >  Community  >  The eBay Outlook  >  Tie clip? Tie bar? What's the difference?

<< previous topic post new topic post reply next topic >>
posted on September 19, 2004 05:21:04 PM new
I'm selling some of our fathers' old jewelry. Can someone tell me the difference between tie bar and tie clip? I know about tie pins, and have some to sell, but the other definition eludes me.

And is there a technical name for those little chains that hang off some of the tie bars/clips?
[ edited by Roadsmith on Sep 19, 2004 05:21 PM ]
posted on September 19, 2004 08:21:32 PM new
A tie clip is the thing that holds your tie to your shirt.

A tie bar is an upper piece of your car that your cars radiator is attached.

Here is one that happens to be upside down.

posted on September 19, 2004 08:22:33 PM new
Wise guy!

posted on September 19, 2004 09:50:43 PM new
Gawd, Stone! My ob-gyn has one of those, stirrups and all.

I'm serious now. I NEED to know why you guys call those things tie clips OR tie bars. I've seen both in men's jewelry on Ebay. Cough up!

posted on September 19, 2004 09:58:32 PM new
scroll down to Tie Bar

Avatar wish list....

...and he must possess a kind eye...
posted on September 19, 2004 11:08:07 PM new
By golly! Thanks, Japerton. So it's the same thing. Appreciate your help--and that site is a nifty one.

<< previous topic post new topic post reply next topic >>

Jump to

All content © 1998-2018  Vendio all rights reserved. Vendio Services, Inc.™, Simply Powerful eCommerce, Smart Services for Smart Sellers, Buy Anywhere. Sell Anywhere. Start Here.™ and The Complete Auction Management Solution™ are trademarks of Vendio. Auction slogans and artwork are copyrights © of their respective owners. Vendio accepts no liability for the views or information presented here.

The Vendio free online store builder is easy to use and includes a free shopping cart to help you can get started in minutes!